Tuesday, November 30, 2010

$3 Wreath in 10 minutes!

I keep seeing all these fun wreaths that people have made, so I wanted to make one too! I wanted to make one that my 3 year old could help with, so last week we drove past a little park that had a bunch of pine cone tree's (these tree's aren't very common in Vail,AZ), so we had a lot of fun going around the park finding all the pine cones we could! I really didn't want to pay money for pine cones, so I was super excited when we had found a whole bag full! We used the little ones on the wreath and we're going to save the rest of the pine cones for Brycen and his friends to decorate at his little Christmas Party next week! Tomorrow I"ll post about the fun things I am planning for the kids to do next week!
Okay, so back to the Wreath! I bought a 15ft pine garland (it's really thin so I ended up using the whole thing), an 18" round wreath and a small bunch of red flowers and berries (it came with 3 berry pieces and 4 flowers)! I found all of these at the dollar store, so it cost $3!

I then wrapped the garland around the wreath while the hot glue gun was heating up, then I put the glue on the flowers, berries and pine cones and Brycen pressed them onto the wreath and voila!

It's super simple, but we had a lot of fun making it, and the best part is that it only took about 10 minutes! Which is perfect for a 3 year old with a short attention span!

Sorry about the bad lighting for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment