Friday, January 14, 2011

First Project of the Year...finally!

Okay, so it has taken me FOREVER to get back into the swing of things, I've been enjoying taking some time off from crafting...though I have been shopping! I'll show some of the smokin deals I got tomorrow!

Enough chit chat, here's my project: a Tool Belt!!! For the kids! I only made one, but I plan on making another one before valentine's day and then rolling up the boys tools with a chocolate lollipop inside of it for each of the boys. They both got a set of play tools for Christmas, so this is perfect! To see the full tutorial go to: http://www.thecreativemaven.net/2010/04/turn-placemat-into-little-boys-toolbelt.html
My wonderful friend sent me this link a while back and I've been dying to make them! I found the place mat at Target for a smokin .39 cents! It was in the Christmas clearance - 90% off! I didn't even think I'd find one but I decided to check just in case, and voila! 1 place mat! Now I need to go to the dollar store and see if I can grab another one for a buck! If they have them at the dollar store I will definitely let you know, this would make a SUPER cute gift for a little boys birthday party! Here's the pic (oh and next time I wont use all white, but that was what I had around, so I went ahead and used it, then I used blue thread as a contrast):

Just need to find the rest of the tools :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment