Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Goods Toolbelt!

Yesterday was my Sister in laws baby shower! She is having TWINS! How exciting is that! So I wanted to make something fun for my brother and a friend of mine gave me the idea to make a "diapering tool belt" how fun is that! So I set out to Target to find a place mat and some diapering/baby supplies! Since I already had a gift for them I didn't want to spend to much, so I bought wipes, baby Q-Tips (I LOVE these things, I buy them for just about anyone I know who is having a baby, they are GREAT!), baby powder and some Vaseline in a tube (I got the target brand). I wanted to do other stuff but I decided on these, they can put whatever they want into it :)

Okay, so back the tool belt thing, I had a couple yards of white muslin from previous projects, so I used that for the straps. BUT, it seemed kind of boring so I was able to do a little design on the straps with the sewing machine. Then I sewed the straps on, and added 4 pockets. It turned out pretty cute I think!
I had my hubby take a picture of it before I gave it away so that I could show you :)

All rolled up and tied :)

Here you can see the inside of it all tied up.

1 comment: