Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Felt Stories - so fun!

Last month I was searching the internet trying to find a cheap way to make felt stories, I really wanted some for family home evening! I found some really cute stories on etsy but they were still 10$ plus shipping per story, so I found this website: http://alittleofthis---alittleofthat.blogspot.com/2010/01/felt-figure-fun.html
It gives a full tutorial of how to make some inexpensive felt stories! All you need is:
-Avery T-Shirt Transfers ($7.49 for a pack of 6 at walmart)
-white felt (you can get felt sheets for .29 cents at Michaels)
-an iron
-a pair of scissors
-an ink jet printer
You download the stories from - http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2007/11/flannel-board-stories.html You can link to her site from the above tutorial too!
Then print the stories on to the T-shirt transfers, cut out the pieces, iron them onto the felt and cut them out again. Now you have some inexpensive stories! Super easy right! It comes out to about $2.25/$2.50 per story (most stories are only one sheet, but there are some stories that are longer) for the ink, felt and transfer paper. I made 5 stories, but have the supplies for more. I also bought some white felt to make a board, but I'll have to make that next week :) Here's some pics of the the pieces I made!

1 comment: