Monday, October 25, 2010

Delectable Pumpkin Muffins/Bread :)

I love this recipe, I found it in an old Betty Crocker Cookbook of my moms!

Pumpkin Bread Recipe:

2/3 cups Margarine
2 2/3 cups Sugar
4 eggs
1 16oz can Pumpkin (about 2 cups, I sometimes add 2 1/2 cups)
2/3 cups Water
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Cloves
3 1/3 cups Flour
*nuts and raisins (optional, I normally don't add these because i'm not big on them but you're welcome to throw in as many as you like)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2-3 loaf pans or it makes 3 1/2 - 4 dozen muffins.

Cream the sugar and margarine!

Add in the eggs, pumpkin and water.

Mix in the flour, soda, powder and spices until well mixed!

Then fill the pan, I used a medium sized pampered chef scooper to plop the batter into the cupcake wrappers, it was the perfect size and they turned out perfect! :) You could also just spoon the batter into the pans(which is what i normally do). Fill about half way.

They should cook for about 20 minutes depending on your oven, to make sure they're done just stick a toothpick or knife in the center of one and if it comes out clean then they're done! Within a few minutes you should be able to eat them too! Of course, I normally snag one as soon I pull them out because the smell is amazing!

We made these yesterday and they are almost gone! I was able to take plates to two friends and we still had almost 2 dozen left, LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment