Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken, Chicken and more Chicken!

Saturday I picked up 80 pounds of Chicken that my sister, mom and I had ordered. I was able to get 50 pounds of it canned Saturday (I finished at 11:30 at night) and then we froze 30 pounds! It was SO great! I'm so glad we bought it, in fact, we should have bought 40 more pounds! But we'll do that next time :) Reason being, that once the chicken was split 3 ways it wasn't as much, but it was still a great start towards food storage! I ended up canning 30 pints and 12 quarts! My mom helped me cut up all the meat, which made it go a lot faster. Hopefully this will get my mom more interested in canning! She saw that it wasn't as hard as she thought it was :)
Chicken always looks so gross canned, but it tastes great in casseroles and soups!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Next time you hear about this sale, I'm joining in! I really want to can chicken, I just don't have the energy right now for canning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think that's just great-wish I had a place here to buy chicken like that. I love making big batches of things b/c they come in handy later, as you well know!
    Great blog, following you now. ☺

    ReplyDelete