Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yummiest Mac and Cheese EVER!


Okay, so I finally figured out what was wrong with my Mac and Cheese when I make it! I've been using flour instead of corn starch (HUGE difference)! So tonight we enjoyed some YUMMY mac and cheese thanks to a recipe from a friend! Here it is:
2 c. dry macaroni noodles
2 c. cold milk
2 T. corn starch
4 T. butter
1/2-1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 c. (1/2 lb.) cubed sharp cheddar cheese
Cook noodles. Whisk corn starch into milk in saucepan. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 min. to reduce graininess. Add butter and salt and pepper. Stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix sauce with noodles. I baked it for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. SO good!
**As you can tell I added Frozen Peas and Sausage, makes it SO much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment